The Flu: What's all the Hype?
Worried about the flu? Things you can do…
By George DeFranca, DC
The race to push mass vaccinations on our citizens, especially our children, needs to be slowed down in light of common sense. Consider the swine flu scare. Only several hundred cases of swine flu worldwide have resulted in death compared to 18,000 deaths due to the regular flu each year in the U.S. alone. Why the panic over the swine flu? Some studies show it to be less dangerous than the regular seasonal flu. Rather than subject yourself to a fast-tracked vaccine that has the potential for serious side effects–worse than the illness– try the following:
1. Periodic chiropractic care to stimulate your nervous system and therefore, your immune system.
2. Get adequate levels of vitamin D (10,000I.U.’s day through the fall / winter depending on blood testing). This is the most important and your best "flu vaccine"! It directly stimulates your white blood cells to kill bacteria.
3. Get adequate levels of omega-3 fatty oils from fish oils, at least 3 grams per day.
4. Wash your hands.
5. Get plenty of rest and adequate sleep.
6. Drink lots of water (urine should be clear)
7. Reduce your grain intake (breads, pasta, cereals, including “natural” whole grains, wheat, corn, oats, etc.)
8. Reduce your sugar intake.
9. Eat plenty ( I mean PLENTY) of fresh vegetables and fruits.
10. Exercise regularly.
11. Try the hydrogen peroxide treatment once weekly.
12. Reduce your stress.